Re: Two-octet bandwidth values

Well maybe the right thing to do is not to use ISIS as a reliable
multicast mechanism and hence not overload the routing protocol by
flooding all sorts of G-MPLS, hierarchical LSP and also WSJ ticker
information ;-)

I would agree that the information that is being flooded is remotely
routing related (although not directly related to IP) but is there a way
to create another PDU type that can be flooded via ISIS but has
different packet formats and does not crowd the existing sub-TLV.

Coming to your comment about the math on the OC768c, even if I was
wrong, 67 Mbps is still a large value to be off by. That is larger than
a DS1, do you think that people will not notice some TE calculation
being off by 67 Mbps? What if I were bonding (PPP LBD is a WG item in
PPP EXT WG) 10 OC192c's, then I will be off by more than 100 Mbps.

I am repeating myself here, but I think we have better things to work on
then redefining existing TE TLVs.

Bora