Re: [idn] Planning ahead for good IDNs

At/À 19:52 2001-01-12 +0000, Brian W. Spolarich you wrote/vous écriviez:
>On 12 Jan 2001, D. J. Bernstein wrote:
>
>| There seems to be widespread agreement, even among ACE proponents,
>| that we will _eventually_ move to UTF-8 domain names.
>
>   There is?  I can't say I myself detect a rough consensus based on the
>recent conversation in the WG, or in private conversation.  There still
>seem to be at least three credible camps:  ACE only, ACE transition, and
>UTF-8 only.

and the more "exotic" ( a friendly joke targetted to John K.): directory,
new class, etc... which, because of their property can use or not encodings
at all, more work to be done on that side tho.

;-)))

Marc.

>   -bws

Marc Blanchet
Viagénie inc.
tel: 418-656-9254
http://www.viagenie.qc.ca

Normos (http://www.normos.org): Internet standards portal:
IETF RFC, drafts, IANA, W3C, ATMForum, ISO, ... all in one place.