Re: [idn] report of the straw poll

> > > Jumping to assert the correctness of a particular solution has proved
> > > problematic, here.
> >
> >No doubt about that either.  But I don't think I've made any such assertions.
>
> Unfortunately, that is exactly what you did.  Re-read the way you asserted
> a particular solution.

Dave, you might or might not agree with the plan of action I proposed,
but I don't see how it's helpful for you to question my intent.  Nor do
I see how it's helpful for us to argue about whether I've asserted "a
correct solution", asserted "a solution", or merely suggested a way
forward.  So let's just drop it.

> >There is a point beyond which you're not likely to get any agreement on the
> >nature of the problem.  I think we reached that point several months ago.
>
> I thought we did, too, but the fact that there is lack of clarity about the
> sense of urgency was a rather surprising suggestion that that we have NOT
> reached that point.

Even though I happen to think that our window of opportunity for doing
anything useful is fast disappearing, I'm not going to get hung up on
whether other people feel a sense of urgency - because I believe that
trying to convince people that there's a sense of urgency will take
too long.  Just like any other factor, the urgency is more visible to
some people than others.

Keith