Re: [idn] Supporting list for Draft-liana

> ... On the other hand, if
> someone has been reading the mailing list for the last six months,
> even if they have been silent, they can probably exercise good
> judgement when they say that they support a particular draft, or a
> particular option. This isn't about voting: it is about using sound
> technical judgement.

Thank you for mentioning this.  I think it has been suggested before that
one must be active in discussion in order to vote.  This would make sense
if our credentials to talk intelligently about the task at hand could be
verified before we made it on the list.  Instead, the quality of ones
activity must be weighed, as should the longevity of the participation.

(I would even go so far as to say that some discussion has been wasteful
enough to weigh negatively against the proposal that those members who
indulged it vote for.)

Bright Fulton