Re: [idn] WG Update

> A requirements document that crosses over into making specific technical
> recommendations is LESS useful, not More.  It is creating an opportunity
> for controversy.

Dave,

If no one disagreed with the recommendation, it would still be bogus.

I disagree with the recommendation, but I'd be just as concerned about
an editing excess if it read:

    It is recommended that the solution necessarily entails more than
    the DNS itself, can not be satisfactorily resolved by indirection
    (layering), and should not be resolved by an alternate mechanism
    (directorie service).

Requirements documents, particularly in complex and contentuous areas, are
not party favors, to be awarded uncritically to the party in favor.

Reading the damn thing critically, and taking the time to write carefully,
has been time wasted.

Eric