Re: [idn] draft about Tradition and Simplified Chinese Conversion[version01]

Hi! Liana:
> I thought James has stated we are here to search
> for a solution that is either for all srcipts or non-scripts
> (excluding Latin of course).  If this TC/SC is only good
> for Chinese, then are you suggesting your support for
> language tag?

In my personal view:
The  major goal of Draft of TSCONV  are
   1. to improve the communication posibility of CJK area with their scipts.
   2. to reduce the  2^N  records  problem
   3. to support reliable and predicable hostname resolving

Even current TC/SC without including (JSC, JTC/TC) pairs ,  JP still get the
benefits  of  1, 2, 3 . The goal of 2 is based on the assumption of JP
mostly use  simplified JC rather than JTC/TC. But TC area(HK, MO, TW,KR)
must tolerant all the  bad side effect of mixed {sJC , TC } . Unfortunately,
the sJC are about half in PRC-SC and half in traditional-SC  based on the
"PRC Total Table of Simplified Characters"  and most of  them are  in the
range of most frequently used. For Example

國立臺灣大學 (ALL JTC/TC)
u+570b u+7acb u+81fa u+7063 u+5927 u+5b78

国立台湾大学 (ALL  JPCHAR  and also all are PRC SC)
u+56fd  u+7acb u+53f0 u+6e7e u+5927 u+5b66

         Only I can suggested is to do inhibitation in nameprep/HSE to avoid
the  mixing of {PRC-Jp-common-SC, TC } to let ALL-TC and ALL-C-J-cSC work in
these range .  That is based on the assumption that JP are mostly used SJC
rather than TC and  JP want to let  goal 2, 3 can be achieved to some better
level to help other more.

L.M.Tseng