Re: [idn] IDN biting off more than it can chew

Dan,
  While I don't think IDN biting off more than it can chew,
I do agree what you have said:

> If, on the other hand, applications don't do any conversion, and
> registrars prohibit the bad characters, then the bad characters
> simply
> won't work. There will be only one way to type a domain name. If
> this
> turns out to be a mistake, we can change it later, without breaking
> anything. This is the simple, clean, conservative approach.

This is the reason that all the Chinese character processing
systems like to use tables instead of conversion precedures
discussed in [UAX15], no matter they are in applicantions or on
servers.   This is to say that [UAX15] principles can
be embedded in a table and applies to all combination
characters.

This is also agreement to say to let minimum numbers of IDN
identifiers in for testing IDN architechture before we expand
them to all UCS codepoints.

Liana