Re: Layer 2 and "idn identities" (was: Re: [idn] what are the IDN identifiers?)

Sent: Monday, December 03, 2001 2:07 PM, Bruce Thomson wrote:

> > About the "SC/TC mapping strategy ", JPNIC,KRNIC,TWNIC,CNNIC had reach
> > consensus in 7th JET meeting in Beijing. So the "validation" was introduced.
>
> I couldn't find details of this on-line. Can you tell me more about what was discussed?

The subject of this meeting is CJK issue. During the meeting, four solutions were discussed
Finally, the 4th solution was selected. According to the decision of the meeting, we modified
the I-D (draft-ietf-idn-tsconv-02.txt), and rewrote it (draft-ietf-idn-tsconv-03.txt).

> Specifically,
>
> 1) Have the codepoint equivalences been established? Or is there an easy way of doing so?

It's depended on A Complete Set of Simplified Chinese Characters and Dictionary of
Chinese Character Variants.
And the "validation" solution is acceptable for all attendees.

> 2) How do the SC/TC mappings affect Japan and Korea, if at all?

The "validation" avoid the interactive influence and do the best respect to different opinion.

> 3) How long would it take for there to be a draft to look at?

We had submitted it and will send it to you off-line. If others want it, I'll happy to provide it.

Regards
Deng xiang