Re: Contact-info fo rmibs

On Fri, Apr 01, 2005 at 03:10:47PM -0500, David B Harrington wrote:

> Once we finish the current mibs we intend to close the bridge-mib WG.
>
> Would it make more sense to have the contact info in the mibs be
> ietfmibs@ops.ietf.org rather than bridge-mib@ietf.org? or maybe keep
> it as bridge-mib and add an RFC-Ed note to change it to ietfmibs upon
> publication as an RFC?
>
> As an alternative, might it be a good idea to have
> ietfmibs@ops.ietf.org or a similar generic-mib mailing list subscribe
> to the mailing lists of mib-specific WGs such as bridge-mib when the
> WG is closed?

WG mailing lists as well as OPS area lists have proven to have a
limited lifetime. So whatever one puts into the document, it is not
unlikely to go away sooner or later. The same is obviously true for
author contact information. Perhaps the solution is to accept this
reality and simply put the list name there that was valid at the
time the RFC was published.

I am not sure it is not worth to fix this problem by selecting "better"
mailing lists unless we agree that the renaming of <mibs@ops.ietf.org>
to <ietfmibs@ops.ietf.org> to fight spam was a mistake which should
never be repeated.

Perhaps we need to introduce email NATs - unfortunately this idea missed
the April 1st deadline. ;-)

/js

--
Juergen Schoenwaelder		    International University Bremen
<http://www.eecs.iu-bremen.de/>	    P.O. Box 750 561, 28725 Bremen, Germany