Re: NIM BoF

On Wed, 02 Aug 2000 I wrote:
>I agree with Joan Cucchiara's statement at this morning's NIM BoF session
>in
>regard to the need to explicate the NIM concepts and model within the
>general context of protocol development.

I should add that the context for the NIM not only includes the development
of protocols but also their use. A protocol that is not even intended for
for use is of little value.

The point here is that protocols are the raison d'etre of the the model.
Without that context, the problem space and solution space are unlimited.

--TT
Tom Nelson Scott             Pres, Vedatel Co
1411 Sheffield Dr.           Bowling Green OH 43402
"In IP We Trust"   "E Pluribus Unix"   "Java Rules"