RE: AD review: radius dynauth client/server mib documents

Inline

Yes, and that is why I had a very simple solution proposed later in
my review message. By adding that sentence, we make it clear that
we have thought about this and that such is indeed the case (assuming
that I got it right). By not saying anything about it, it could
be an unintended omission.

> >   So, the radiusDynAuthClientAddress needs to specify that
> the address
> is
> >   formatted according to the value of
> radiusDynAuthClientAddressType.
> >   Also, as far as I can tell, any addressType could be present here,
> >   so formally, you would need to describe when a dns name has been
> >   resolved (if it occurs).
>
> RADIUS normally deals with IP Addresses, as the RADIUS client needs to
> be registered with the RADIUS Server by IP Address, so that
> the correct
> shared secret can be used.  It is possible to use DNS with RADIUS
> clients and servers, if sufficient care is taken to always have an
> accurate inverse name resolution available, but I believe this is not
> common practice.

I think that answer is suffient for me.

Bert