Re: RADEXT WG Last Call on "RADIUS Delegated IPv6 Prefix Attribute"

"Avi Lior" <avi@bridgewatersystems.com> wrote:
> The closest RADIUs type would be string.  Neither 3162 nor this document
> defines the type as string.  In essence both documents (and thank god
> they are consistant) are defining a new type, which is a compound type,
> that contains a length field counting bits, Octet based variable length
> array containing bits.

  Yes, though this document simply re-uses the existing standards
track type defined in 3162.

> I don't think EXTATTR folks are thinking about encoding attributes the
> way this document and 3162 is proposing -- so that is out of the
> question.
>
> So perhaps the Guidelines document should be changed to allow for this
> encoding.  That would be my choice.

  I have no objections to the guidelines permitting the definition of
new attributes that re-use existing formats, however awkward.  The
practice should be discouraged, but not forbidden.

  Therefore, I have no objections to this format, or this document.