RE: RADEXT WG Last Call on "RADIUS Delegated IPv6 Prefix Attribute"

<snip>
> The current Extended Attribute draft uses the DIAMETER
> format, and the only facility it has toward structured
> data is the 'Grouped' data type, which is a *blank*
> container for *top level* attributes only.
<snip>

Hi Emile,
I just wanted to make sure we are in sync on this bit
above.  In RFC 3588, I see:

4.4.  Grouped AVP Values

   The Diameter protocol allows AVP values of type 'Grouped.'  This
   implies that the Data field is actually a sequence of AVPs.  It is
   possible to include an AVP with a Grouped type within a Grouped type,
   that is, to nest them.  [...]

Doesn't this ability to nest Grouped AVPs effectively
provide a c-struct like facility that enables arbitrary
complexity?

I wasn't sure if by *top level*, you meant non-recursive
grouping, or if you meant all layers are defined in the
same attribute type space (I think the latter is probably
a good thing).

Greg