RE: New Technical Issues RE: WG last call in progress on VLAN/Priority Draft

Alan

I know about policy files and GUIs and XmL and auto code etc... All of
those are code changes.  Its just different code.  Some code change is
simpler then others.

So whether I end up dealing with the attribute by pressing a few gui
buttons to add another If rule, or I have to insert a new EAP method or
Cryptography procedure do deal with the new attribute --- its all code
change.

Lets be real about it and not loose sight that when a server is required
to deal with a new attribute new code has to be inserted.

>   Dictionaries also allow the creation of complex policy
> languages, by separating the language syntax from the data
> and types the language operates on.

In a very simple world yes you can live within the limits of your
dictionaries but in more complex scenarios, you  have to roll some good
old fashion  C compiler.