RE: New Technical Issues RE: WG last call in progress on VLAN/Priority Draft

See inline....

I don't agree.  Why should that be?

>   The contention comes when more and more complex structures
> are shoe-horned into RADIUS attributes, where those
> structures have no definition outside of RADIUS.  In those
> cases, the preference is to use existing RADIUS types where possible.

Defining a RADIUS based RFC does not mean that your simple RADIUS server
has to implement that attribute.  It should though be able to transport
it pass-through though.  So it must be able to parse through that
attribute.

Again,  what you are saying if it doesn't fit into my dictionary then I
don't think its RADIUS.  The attributes do fit in the Dictionary  it
just that you have to go beyong the strings at a different layer.

So attributes like User-Name does not belong in RADIUS - by your logic.
Neither does 3162, CHAP etc.... Which all use encoding that are not
supported by RADIUS.

I think this logic is seriously flawed.

>   Where not, use the Diameter attribute format, and leverage
> it's grouping mechanism to get complicated structural relationships.

Which will also not be RADIUS....