Re: New Technical Issues RE: WG last call in progress on VLAN/Priority Draft

On Thu, Mar 16, 2006 at 12:47:17PM -0500, Avi Lior wrote:

> Also I resent somewhat the push now is so much that it ignores what we
> did a two years ago.  Based on discussion it was Jari who proposed
> encoding RADIUS attributes using Diameter syntax (I seem to recall that
> one of you guys were taking credit for that).

Just so we're clear, Alan did not "take" credit for it.  I assigned
credit to him because that's how I first heard the idea, and indeed
a search of radext archives shows email from him suggesting it in
Feb 2005.  But of course, if you or Jari (or anyone) can point me to
a prior discussion of the idea of using the Diameter attribute header
format, I will be glad to correct the acknowledgment.

Regards,
Barney