Extended attribute formats (was RE: New Technical Issues RE: WG last call in progress on VLAN/Priority Draft)

It would be helpful to change the subject line to accurately reflect the
topic.

Avi Lior writes...

> Anyway most of the discussion today is a repeat of the discusssions we
> had before (rehash).

Yes.  We failed to reach consensus the previous time, so we are destined
to continue the discussion until we reach one.  There are WG milestones
that are dependent upon reaching such a consensus.

> Most of the people changed (it seem) except for David Nelson.

That's not entirely true.  I won't repeat my comments, but in
https://psg.com/lists/radiusext/2006/msg00302.html
I indicated some options, my preferences, but also that my ultimate
desire that we reach a consensus on *something* concrete and useful in
the way of design guidelines (and extended attribute format, if
required).