From: owner-radiusext@ops.ietf.org [mailto:owner-radiusext@ops.ietf.org] On
Behalf Of Congdon, Paul T (ProCurve)
Sent: Monday, March 20, 2006 5:36 PM
To: Greg Weber (gdweber); Bernard Aboba
Cc: radiusext@ops.ietf.org
Subject: RE: Proposed Resolution to Issue 180: Misuse of Data Types

The name "VLAN Flag" is miss leading.  There is certainly a VLAN
present.  The question is whether the VLAN is tagged or not.  I
understand the confusion with Radius tags - though people who understand
VLANs and would be using this attribute probably wouldn't have a
problem.

If you must change the field name - which I'm not really in support of -
I suggest calling it "VLAN Tag Flag" and going with the 1 and 0
symantics of TRUE and FALSE.