Re: RADIUS to Diameter gateways & extended attributes

David Mitton <david@mitton.com> wrote:
> I'd like to hear from people that actually have such things, as we
> didn't get very many responses in the Dime meeting room.  I'll chase
> that in a different thread.

  Knowing current D->R gateway practices would help, thanks.

> We already have this.  It's the Origin-AAA-Protocol AVP (AVP Code 408)
> RFC 4005, Section 9.3.6

  Which talks about the message origin, not attribute origin.

  Since Diameter servers can use RADIUS attributes in Diameter
messages, D->R gateways may receive many "RADIUS" attributes in a
Diameter message, and may not be able to encapsulate them all in
RADIUS.

  This would appear to be a larger problem than just the Diameter
attribute format in RADIUS that we've been discussing until now.  I
haven't been following Diameter, so I have no idea if this *is* a
problem in practice, and if so, how do implementations deal with it.