RE: looking for advise on RFC-2618 and 2620

Hiding is certainly not good. Counter discontinuity objects should be
defined when discontinuities happen at other time than
re-initialization, as per RFC 2578, Sections 7.1.6 and 7.1.10 and RFC
4181 Section 4.6.1.2. The granularity of the discontinuity objects
(global, per table, per row) is a function of whether discontinuities
happen globally, or per interface, etc.

Dan