Re: Review of draft-ietf-radext-vlan-02.txt

Hi Mauricio,

thanks for responding to this issue. Please find my response below:

your new text proposal looks much better.

You need to modify Section 3 as well:

"
 Access-   Access-  Access-  Access-    CoA-
  Request   Accept   Reject   Challenge  Req    #   Attribute
0 0-1 0 0 0-1 TBD

User-Priority-Table

"

Got it. BTW, do you think that *any* of the attributes are appropriate for inclusion in an Accounting-Request?

An argument to allow these attributes in an Accounting-Request is for
forensic purposes.  The accounting server is already aggregating a
number of session characteristics (packet/byte counts) and allowing
attributes from the vlan draft would shed additional light on the what
specific services the user was consuming/using at a given point in time.
Assume that you carry the User-Priority-Table within Accounting-Request messages. Do you think that it provides information how many packets are carried for each individual QoS class? Where is the information that offers me the following info:
- # packets/bytes for user priority 0
- # packets/bytes for user priority 7

Ciao
Hannes