RE: Conclusion of IETF Last call on RFC 3576 MIBs, RFC 2618bis-2621bis

Can we go ahead and issue new documents with these issues fixed? We could then ask the IESG to approve the documents.

From: "Nelson, David" <dnelson@enterasys.com>
To: <radiusext@ops.ietf.org>
Subject: RE: Conclusion of IETF Last call on RFC 3576 MIBs, RFC 2618bis-2621bis
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 13:47:53 -0400

Bernard Aboba writes...

> In order to enable IESG evaluation, we are requesting that
> the authors summarize the IETF last call comments and their

With regard to RFC 2618bis - 2621bis, there is one outstanding comment
from IETF Last Call, on RFC 2620bis and RFC 2621bis.

>> 3) the accounting client MIB the first line of the MIB changed from
>>
>>    RADIUS-ACC-CLIENT-MIB DEFINITIONS ::= BEGIN

>>    RADIUS-ACCT-CLIENT-MIB DEFINITIONS ::= BEGIN
>>
>> (the T was added). Is this ok?

> Ooops.  No, it is not OK.  This is a typo that will need to be
> corrected before the document is published as an RFC.  Good catch.
> Everyone else, including me, has missed this so far.  :-)

Note that this change applies to both the RADIUS Accounting Client and
Server MIBs.

With regard to the RFC 3676 (Dynamic RADIUS) MIBs, Stefaan DeCnodder has
recently written, in response to a GetArt Review comment...

>> - The client MIB contains a note to the RFC editor about the
>> reference [DYNSERV]. However, there is no such reference.

> I checked it and the client MIB is OK, in the server MIB it seems
> that the RFC ed note is incorrect and [DYNSERV] should be replaced
> by [DYNCLNT]. The references in both of the drafts are correct,
> with the exception of the RFC ed note in the server MIB.

With regard to the RFC 3676 (Dynamic RADIUS) MIBs, Stefaan DeCnodder has
recently written, in response to RADEXT Issue No. 193...

<quote>

* draft-ietf-dynauth-client-mib-06.txt

1) issue 193: change SYNTAX of radiusDynAuthServerClientPortNumber from
"InetPortNumber" to "InetPortNumber (1..65535)"

    radiusDynAuthServerClientPortNumber OBJECT-TYPE
           SYNTAX     InetPortNumber (1..65535)
           MAX-ACCESS read-only
           STATUS     current
           DESCRIPTION
                 "The UDP destination port that the RADIUS Dynamic
                  Authorization Client is using to send requests to this
                  server. The value zero is invalid."
           ::= { radiusDynAuthServerEntry 4 }

2) remove radiusDynAuthClientCounterDiscontinuity as a scaler and put it
as last attribute in the table. Description has been updated slightly as
well as a small update in the conformance statement to reflect the move
of this attribute into the table. Also a small update of the overview
section that describes high level the scalars and table.

    radiusDynAuthClientCounterDiscontinuity OBJECT-TYPE
           SYNTAX TimeTicks
           UNITS  "hundredths of a second"
           MAX-ACCESS read-only
           STATUS current
           DESCRIPTION
                 "The time (in hundredths of a second) since the
                  last counter discontinuity. A discontinuity may
                  be the result of a reinitialization of the DAC
                  module within the managed entity."
           ::= { radiusDynAuthServerEntry 32 }

3) update date of draft and also inside the MIB

* draft-ietf-dynauth-server-mib-06.txt

1) remove radiusDynAuthServerCounterDiscontinuity as a scaler and put it
as last attribute in the table. Description has been updated slightly as
well as a small update in the conformance statement to reflect the move
of this attribute into the table. Also a small update of the overview
section that describes high level the scalars and table.

    radiusDynAuthServerCounterDiscontinuity OBJECT-TYPE
           SYNTAX TimeTicks
           UNITS  "hundredths of a second"
           MAX-ACCESS read-only
           STATUS current
           DESCRIPTION
                 "The time (in hundredths of a second) since the
                  last counter discontinuity. A discontinuity may
                  be the result of a reinitialization of the DAS
                  module within the managed entity."
           ::= { radiusDynAuthClientEntry 27 }

2) update date of draft and also inside the MIB

</quote>