RE: [Isms] RE: Follow up on Authorize Only issue

Juergen Schoenwaelder writes...

> Given our current charter, I like to see the RADIUS document we are
> chartered to produce focus on the RADIUS SSH user authentication and
> RADIUS authorization of the SSH SNMP subsystem.

We'll omit any discussion of "fine grained" access control, i.e.
anything other than whether the SSH server should offer to make a
connection to the SNMP engine, in the -01 version.

> Note that this does of course not impact the RADEXT document which
> may define all attributes needed to address all the RADIUS related
> ISMS requirements.

OK, thanks.

> I actually like to encourage people to write a document which
> explains how VACM can utilize RADIUS to provision the security
> name to group name mapping and to post such a document as an
> individual draft.

I also think that would be useful, and predict that folks are likely to
implement such a scheme, whether ISMS takes it up or not.