Re: RADIUS Design Guidelines

On Mon, Aug 28, 2006 at 11:54:21AM -0400, Nelson, David wrote:

> The currently evolving proposals for Extended Attributes, solve some of
> the issues that have been identified in the Design Guidelines draft:
> shortage of attribute IDs, grouping of attributes, and an explicit
> method of fragmentation and reassembly.

I'm confused.  I thought the tag was being used for fragmentation and
reassembly, which would seem to preclude its use for grouping.  Can
somebody clarify?

My own preference would be to use an extended-type of 0 to indicate
continuation, rather than the tag field.  But I'm just an anti-tag bigot.

--
Barney Wolff         I never met a computer I didn't like.