RE: RADIUS Design Guidelines

Barney Wolff writes...

> > I think that we have proposed that the Extended Attribute VSA
(EA-VSA),
> > i.e. the VSA with a Vendor-Id = IETF, may contain multiple instances
of
> > an Extended Attribute ...

This has been proposed on the list, but not accepted as consensus.

> btw, I thought the WG consensus was to solve only Type exhaustion, not
> all these other problems.

The consensus was to solve the attribute ID exhaustion, and not to solve
all the issues addressed by the "Diameter-flavor" extended attribute
proposal.

Adding tags has also been proposed on the list, and at IETF-66, but not
accepted as consensus.

I am operating under the assumption that this series of list discussions
will spawn a new Extended Attributes draft, and the WG will be asked,
after suitable review, whether it has consensus to accept that document.