RE: Comments on draft-ietf-radext-filter-04

aland@nitros9.org wrote:
> I would suggest re-using the text from the RADIUS encapsulation case
> above:
>
>       When translating Diameter NAS-Filter-Rule AVPs to RADIUS
>       NAS-Filter-Rule attributes, the set of NAS-Filter-Rule
>       attributes SHOULD be created by concatenating the individual
>       filter rules, separated by a NUL (0x00) octet.  The resulting
>       data should be split on 253 byte boundaries to obtain a set of
>       NAS-Filter-Rule attributes.  When translating RADIUS
>       NAS-Filter-Rule attributes to Diameter NAS-Filter-Rule AVPs, the
>       individual Diameter NAS-Filter-Rule AVPs rules SHOULD be
>       determined by concatenating the contents of all NAS-Filter-Rule
>       attributes, and then splitting individual filter rules with the
>       the NUL octet (0x00) as a delimeter.  Each rule is then encoded
>       as a single Diameter NAS-Filter-Rule AVP.
>
>   i.e. Take the last paragraph from section 2, and added a few phrases
> about Diameter.

Hmm... it looks like the SHOULDs cover too much: e.g. adding NULs
between the individual rules (or determining rule boundaries based on
NULs) is not optional; splitting them on exactly 253 byte boundaries
is.

Merging your text and my earlier suggestion:

   When translating Diameter NAS-Filter-Rule AVPs to RADIUS
   NAS-Filter-Rule attributes, the set of NAS-Filter-Rule attributes
   is created by concatenating the individual filter rules, separated
   by a NUL octet.  The resulting data SHOULD then be split on 253
   byte boundaries.

   When translating RADIUS NAS-Filter-Rule attributes to Diameter
   NAS-Filter-Rule AVPs, the individual rules are determined by
   concatenating the contents of all NAS-Filter-Rule, and then
   splitting individual filter rules with the NUL octet as a
   delimeter.  Each rule is then encoded as a single Diameter
   NAS-Filter-Rule AVP.

Does this look ok?

Best regards,
Pasi