RE: Comments on the draft-ietf-radext-filter-04 or.. -05

Right. I was actually only referring to Filter-ID and
NAS-Filter-ID case.

> >Also it is not entirely clear to me why e.g. Filter-Id and
> >NAS-Filter-Rule must be mutually exclusive?
>
> The question was what the resulting filter rule set would be.
>  Is the result consistent or unpredictable?  If it is
> predictable, how does it work?

I didn't find anything on e.g. preferred order of applying
filters in RFC4005. I guess it makes this somewhat more complicated.

> >This was questioned by some organizations that intend to use
> >NAS-Filter-Rule. I guess defining rule applying order would also be
> >alternative..?
>
> Do you have an opinion on how this should be handled?
>
> For example, you could say that Filter-ID would be applied
> first, then NAS-Filter-Rule.

Something like the above. We could state that Filter-ID must be applied
first and then NAS-Filter-Rule. However, I'm not sure whether this kind
of recommendation should also be reflected in Diameter as well?

/Jouni