Crypto-Agility work item

I spoke to Russ Housley this AM about our discussion of the
Crypto-Agility work item in the RADEXT session at IETF-67 yesterday.  He
confirms the sense of the room, that all we are being asked to do is
provide a way to "negotiate" replacement algorithms.  Negotiate could
mean what we already do in RADIUS, i.e. the client sends a "hint"
attribute indicating supported algorithms, and the server chooses (at
most) one of these.  There are details to work out, of course. However,
we are not expected to address the non-algorithm portions of the
requirements ID referenced in the proposed charter text.

We'll have a formal write up on the goals.

Regards,

Dave Nelson