RE: Inclusion of Filter-Id and NAS-Filter-Rule AVPs

What happens in the instance that a diameter->radius gateway can't translate
a packet?  There must be some exception path, right?  If so, why couldn't we
leave in the MUST NOT for mixture of filter-id and nas-filter-rule
attributes and have the gateway generate an error to avoid wedging both
attributes into a radius packet?

It just feels wrong to have to carry forward diameter sloppiness.

MS