RE: Status of draft-yan-radext-port-type-01.txt

Yoshihiro Ohba writes...

> What is the status of this I-D?
>
> I think I-D is important because it defines NAS-Port-Type
> for several new wireless technologies including 802.16.

I'm still working on the minutes of the RADEXT WG session at IETF-67,
however, the discussion of this document in the meeting can be
summarized as follows:

-- The proposal to register new code points for the NAS-Port-Type
attribute in the RADIUS IANA registry is fine.

-- This attribute does not require a published specification.  We can
save the cost of publishing an RFC.

-- The recommendation of the WG Chairs was to submit a request to IANA
for the assignment, and the RADEXT Chairs will work with IANA to see
that any necessary expert review is provided.