[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Extensibility of draft-ietf-radext-filter-rules
- To: 'radext mailing list' <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Extensibility of draft-ietf-radext-filter-rules
- From: Hannes Tschofenig <Hannes.Tschofenig@gmx.net>
- Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2007 21:10:44 +0200
- User-agent: Thunderbird 184.108.40.206 (Windows/20070326)
I have a question regarding the extensibility of
The document states that there is a version field. Now, there is the
question when and how you define new versions.
* Does every tiny extension demand a new version number?
* Since a new version number is just a new constant in the rule set and
does not require a new AVP are there IANA actions associated with the
definition of new extensions?
* Does an extension (e.g., a new action) then require the document
author to copy-and-paste the entire ABNF with the enhancements or would
it be more preferable to just place the modified snippet into a new
document? What would you suggest?
For example, one could just put the following modified ip-filter-rule
code snippet into a doc:
;IP Filter Rule
ip-filter-rule = ("permit" / "deny" / NEW-ACTION ) " "
("in" / "out" / "inout") " "
("ip" / ip-proto) filter-body
[" " ip-option] [" " log-rule]
Wouldn't it be necessary or useful to carry the version number also
attached to the capability attribute from the NAS to the RADIUS server?
to unsubscribe send a message to email@example.com with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.