[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Internet Draft: RadSec - RADIUS over TCP+TLS
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Internet Draft: RadSec - RADIUS over TCP+TLS
- From: Victor Gamov <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sat, 04 Aug 2007 17:28:37 +0400
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=received:message-id:date:from:user-agent:mime-version:to:subject:references:in-reply-to:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:sender; b=VPkTvXOLfnczdz/igyA6stQy8pjO7x088LmpYa/CyM+YVxN1HSfJGRcftod5v+/fJM+YK4I2A77uciWiqQICeOSV+soD8HOiLcwzQJsDh6tTqomz/7q/A5Po/Ym9edWyehbxKkJFrCMksWkwlpht+Tn/sWflOA1T3JVYVN9jqqE=
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- User-agent: Thunderbird 18.104.22.168 (Windows/20070728)
Stefan Winter wrote:
My name is Stefan Winter of the Luxembourg Research and Education Network.
Together with Stig Venaas (Norwegian REN) and Mike McCauley from Open Systems
Consultants (creators of the Radiator RADIUS server) I have created an
internet draft describing two implementations of a transport profile for
RADIUS that transports the RADIUS payload over a TCP+TLS link.
(sorry for late response)
I work with RADIUS protocol about 10 years and question "why UDP not
TCP" is the biggest question without answer for me (yes I red RFC286
When I thinking about "UDP vs TCP" I found many arguments for TCP
advantages like produced by your draft so I agree with it.
I think that this draft is a good start point to think about new
transport for RADIUS. (and may be to prepare new version of this simply
and nice protocol without current problems even)
to unsubscribe send a message to email@example.com with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.