RE: Question regarding draft-ietf-radext-design-05.txt

Alan DeKok writes...

>> Regarding the "data type: Looking at the dictionary provided
>> with FreeRADIUS I noticed that there are datatypes support that
>> are not listed in the RADIUS Design Guidelines document.
>
>  Yes.  One word: WiMAX.

Yeah.  Some of the folks in WiMAX were among those who were early advocates
of deeply complex attribute encodings in RADIUS.  When the RADEXT WG didn't
embrace that design philosophy, the work got done outside the IETF.  If you
don't like the consensus you find here, you take the work elsewhere.  :-)