RE: Issue 298

Alan DeKok writes...

>  This gets dangerously close to the old "capabilities" argument.

We've not seen fit to standardize "capabilities" in a general way, but there
is precedent for advertising support for a single attribute, as is the case
with Chargeable-User-Identity (CUI).

>  i.e. Does it signal that the NAS understands Extended-Attributes,
> or that the proxy understands them?  Should the proxy filter out the
> advertisement if it doesn't understand Extended-Attributes?

Ultimately, it's the NAS that has to provision services based on the content
of the Extended Attributes, so the fact that the NAS understands them is of
prime importance.  The fact the proxies understand them is only of
importance if the proxies are expected to be "editing" the attributes passed
to and from the NAS.  If a particular proxy is know to indiscriminately
discard VSAs, then knowing it supports Extended Attributes may be of greater
importance that otherwise might be the case.