RE: Issue: Use of the term "extended" within the Design Guidelines Document

Dave Nelson said:

> I think before pulling the draft back, let's see a proposed set of editing
> instructions on the list, e.g. s/foo/bar, and see how bad the damage is.

The best way to go about this is for the editor to post proposed resolutions
to the list  for the open issues.  We can then see how the discussion
goes, and can track the status of the issues and the magnitude of changes
required as things progress.

Whether we have to pull the draft back to the WG depends
on the magnitude of the changes and the degree of WG consensus
behind them.

In order to evaluate this, it would be helpful for the editor to maintain
a "strawman" version of the document-in-progress on a public website
(I can supply space if required).  The "strawman" can be updated as
Issues are closed, and we can then judge from the number and
substance of the "diffs" what the next step will be.

The ultimate goal should be to get a new version of the document posted
to the I-D archive by the IETF 74 deadline (early March).  We can then
go over the next steps at IETF 74.