RE: Issue: Data Type Advice

Alan DeKok said:

"The data model applies to VSA's, too.  Looking at the dictionaries I have
access to, I see:

  * ~4K VSA definitions
  * 3 vendors with non-standard data types
  * 7 non-standard data types of
     * abinary
     * byte
     * short
     * polymorphic ipv4/ipv6 address
     * signed
     * tlv  (e.g. 3GPP2 && WiMAX)

  The "abinary" is the old Ascend binary filter attribute.  Everything
else is used by the WiMAX standards, though other vendors use some of
the types, too.

  This last survey isn't *quite* accurate, as a number of non-standard
types are treated as "string" in the dictionaries."

  I would prefer to not survey the ad-hoc extensions to the data model.
 There may be a fair number. "

[BA] I would agree that a comprehensive survey is not needed.  However,
it would seem useful to go over the above types and advise how they
can be dealt with.   For example, "byte" and "short" could be
replaced by the Integer type; tlvs can be accommodated in Extended
Attributes;  ipv4 & ipv6 types should be dealt with separately, etc.