RE: DISCUSS: draft-ietf-softwire-hs-framework-l2tpv2

I am not sure that the absence/presence of NAS-IP-Address/NAS-IPv6-Address necessarily provides information about the nature of the traffic within RADIUS accounting. For example, it is quite possible that both attributes will be present.

Is there a reason why we can't just define accounting attributes to provide the information you're looking for?