RE: My problem with draft-ietf-radext-design

Hannes Tschofenig writes...

> ...but this is not saying that I agree with the
> assumed model, i.e. one where essentially no improvement
> in implementations was made over the last 10 years.

Perhaps, but this seems to presume that data-dictionary-driven server
implementations are a liability which requires improvement.  Like a network
management application for SNMP which has the ability to "enroll" a MIB
module without code changes, a RADIUS server that can simply add new
attributes to its dictionary is a boon to users.

We can split hairs about what types of user-added executable scripts are or
are not "coding".  I still think that the data dictionary architecture is a
very powerful concept.  Not to mention a very widely deployed one.