IPv6 Address Option

Folk,

A few months back some of us expressed a desire to proceed with the
draft-lourdelet-radext-ipv6-access-01 and recommend its adoption as a WG
item. In the recent Broadband Forum meeting in Tokyo it was announced
that the BBF will seek to finalize their document on IPv6 for PPP
environments (to which I am co-editor). With the lack of some essential
RADIUS AVP (such as IPv6-Address-Option) we are stuck between a rock and
a hard place.

Delaying the IPv6 for PPP document much beyond November is not an option
for a large number of operators who wish to get some IPv6 deployment
going. With this goal in mind I ask the WG and chairs to adopt this
draft as a starting point with a goal of getting to WGLC within the
coming months (after Hiroshima IETF). If it needs to be simplified down
to the essential AVP I am happy to work with the current authors to
create a draft which can be fast tracked.

The alternatives are ugly IMO

Regards

-David Miles