Re: ISSUE: definition of RADIUS IPv6 "data types" arbitrary and unjustified

Bernard Aboba wrote:
> Glen Zorn said:
>
> "There is another, less anal-retentive alternative: that the string of
> octets
> does, in fact, represent an IPv6 address.  That's it, and that's pretty much
> what the RFC says."
>
> If that were the case, why didn't the document use the term "String" in
> defining the NAS-IPv6-Address and Login-IPv6-Host attributes instead of
> "Address"?

  I've filed an errata against RFC 3162 to clarify this point.

  Either RFC 3162 is wrong, and those attributes are of type "string",
OR Glen's objection to the guidelines document is wrong, and RFC 3162
defines an IPv6 address type.