RE: 64-bit Unsigned Integer?

Alan DeKok [mailto:aland@deployingradius.com] writes:

> Glen Zorn wrote:
> > Glen has brought up the question of whether existing RADIUS server
> > implementations in fact support 64-bit unsigned integers, or whether
> > they implement attributes such as Interface-ID as 64-bit octet
> Strings,
> > or specially formatted types.
> >
> > If you are aware of how existing implementations behave, please
> >
> > Iâm wondering when it was decided (& who made  the decision) that if
> an
> > implementation doesnât follow the standard, itâs the standard thatâs
> > broken & not the implementationâ
>
>   What, if anything, do you imagine that has to do with Bernards
> comment?

It's quite simple: he didnât request discussion of my assertions regarding the technical content of the documents themselves (I expect that those would be uncontroversial) but about the interpretation of those documents by developers.  It would seem clear that at least one implementation has it completely wrong, however, so asking "how existing implementations behave" is tantamount to subjecting the standards to the implementations thereof.