RE: Pending Errata for RADEXT

Bernard Aboba ]mailto://bernard_aboba@hotmail.com] writes:

From: owner-radiusext@ops.ietf.org [mailto:owner-radiusext@ops.ietf.org] On Behalf Of Bernard Aboba
Sent: Monday, October 26, 2009 10:53 AM
To: dromasca@avaya.com; radiusext@ops.ietf.org
Subject: Re: Pending Errata for RADEXT

Speaking only for myself, the follow errata look reasonable and should be accepted:

420

Agree.

867

Agree.

1407

Agree.

The following errata relate to problems with RFC 4282 which were uncovered in the IDNAbis effort.  While the nature of the problems is pointed out in the IDNAbis documents which have just completed IETF last call, the solutions will require substantial revisions to RFC 4282 which can only be accomplished in a -bis document.  Therefore these errata should probably either be classified as "pending update" or rejected:

1848, 1849, 1850

I think that all three of these should be rejected.  Although there may be a point to 1849, the notes point to an I-D, not an RFC, which itself does not suggest site-specific handling of bidirectional character sets.  1848 may make some sense (leaving aside the pompous declaration that “Much of RFC 4282 is simply wrong”) but 1850 is pure nonsense, as I pointed out at some length awhile back.

Pending errata for RADEXT

RADEXT WG,

There are a number of pending errata related to RADIUS that I have asked
recommendation in the past for the WG. Please process and advice how for
resolutions on these errata. Some of them are rather simple, some other
may require some more thought.

The IDs (in the order of their occurrences in the tracker) are: 1607,
420, 1469, 753, 1848, 1849, 1850, 867, 1407.

Thanks and Regards,

Dan