From: Wojciech Dec (wdec)
Sent: 23 October 2009 20:36
To: 'Bernard Aboba'; radiusext@ops.ietf.org
Subject: RE: Draft RADEXT Virtual Interim Minutes

From: Bernard Aboba [mailto:bernard_aboba@hotmail.com]
Sent: 23 October 2009 20:22
To: Wojciech Dec (wdec); radiusext@ops.ietf.org

Wojcejech said:

At this point however the draft seems to have been OK'ed in principle by the WG, and there was no evidence of the draft having "same negative feedback as had earlier versions" ...

In looking through the minutes of the WG meetings I don’t see any indications that the draft was accepted as a WG work item.

Within RADEXT WG, adoption requires a formal consensus call, which was subsequently held (with insufficient interest being displayed so far).

The IETF 73 minutes do provide an indication of the overall reaction to the document, which included objections both in principle and with respect to the specifics.

I can post the individual comments made as Issues if you like.

At the Virtual Interim, David Miles proposed an approach for overcoming those objections and moving the document forward.

Woj> As per my earlier mail(s):

- could you confirm that what my mail outlined in terms of moving forward is also your expectation?

- Are you now convinced of "interest"? (and if not, or partially, then on what grounds given the rather abundant amount of contributors, reviewers, discussion?)

- could you point out (summarise) the issues that were not addressed?

Thanks.