RE: "Last Look" at the RADIUS Design Guidelines document

I gave the RADIUS Design Guidelines document a "last look".  I had not
looked at the document for a while and have not really been following
discussions on the document.  In general I think the document provides
some useful information.  There are a few places where I had issues with
the document.  I'm not sure if these are part of the IESG and Last call
comments or not.

A. Section 2.1.3

I did not find the discussion of complex attributes very compelling.
Its not clear to me what the difference between string and complex
attribute is.  If your RADIUS server supports string then it seems that
it would be possible to support a complex attribute without requiring a
"code change".

B. Section 2.1.4

I'm not really sure what this section is trying to accomplish.  It seems
to be a lot about deployment guidelines instead of design guidelines.
I'm also not convinced that the use of complex attributes makes things
less secure.  It does not seem this section belongs in this document.

C. Section 5

This section references section 2.1.4, however it does not seem there is
anything actionable for a protocol document to do with section 2.1.4.

D. Section A.2.2

Since I did not agree with the motivation for section 2.1.3, I don't
find this section compelling.

E. Section A.2.1

I don't see how defining a polymorphic attribute as multiple attributes
helps.  I'm probably missing something, do you have an example?