[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-dekok-radext-dtls-02]
- To: 'radext mailing list' <email@example.com>
- Subject: [Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-dekok-radext-dtls-02]
- From: Alan DeKok <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 09:24:03 -0700
- User-agent: Thunderbird 184.108.40.206 (Macintosh/20100228)
--- Begin Message ---
A new version of I-D, draft-dekok-radext-dtls-02.txt has been successfully submitted by Alan DeKok and posted to the IETF repository.
Title: DTLS as a Transport Layer for RADIUS
WG ID: Independent Submission
The RADIUS protocol [RFC2865] has limited support for authentication
and encryption of RADIUS packets. The protocol transports data "in
the clear", although some parts of the packets can have "hidden"
content. Packets may be replayed verbatim by an attacker, and
client-server authentication is based on fixed shared secrets. This
document specifies how the Datagram Transport Layer Security (DTLS)
protocol may be used as a fix for these problems. It also describes
how implementations of this proposal can co-exist with current RADIUS
The IETF Secretariat.
--- End Message ---