[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Is provisioning services in Accounting-Request packets bad?
- To: 'radext mailing list' <email@example.com>
- Subject: Is provisioning services in Accounting-Request packets bad?
- From: Alan DeKok <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 17:58:53 +0200
- User-agent: Thunderbird 126.96.36.199 (Macintosh/20100228)
When a RADIUS server returns Access-Accept, some systems also request
that it send an Accounting-Request packet to a provisioning system.
This provisioning system requires information such as Framed-IP-Address,
or copies of some VSAs from the Access-Accept.
Quote "This is not unusual, and several vendors are providing such a
RFC 2866 doesn't forbid this, as it expects accounting packets to be
sent by the NAS. The guidelines document contains minimal text about
Is it worth adding a line in the "guidelines" document saying that
accounting packets are to be used for... accounting? And that
provisioning services via Accounting-Request is bad?
to unsubscribe send a message to email@example.com with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.