Re: Getting NANPA to designate a non-geographic area code?

I am pretty certain that the FCC ruled that technology specific area codes are not allowed.

Not sure what the logic was.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, May 17, 2004 8:59 PM
Subject: Getting NANPA to designate a non-geographic area code?

What suggestions does this group have for getting NANPA to designate a non-geographic area code so that voip companies could request numbers.

Other countries are doing this. I've even had other countries regulatory boards approach SIPphone about doing this on their behalf in their countries. What is the proper process to get NANPA thinking along these lines?

-- MR

Michael Robertson
CEO, Lindows Inc - World's Most Affordable Choice
CEO, SIPphone Inc - Call worldwide for free!

michael@lindows.com
Read the latest Michael's Minute here
SIP: 1 (747) 474-0001   Call me. Visit SIPphone.com to find out how!

--

This message contains information which may be confidential and privileged. Unless you are the
addressee (or authorized to receive for the addressee), you may not use, copy or disclose to anyone