Re: Need for working ENUM [was Re: Welcome! ]

--On 17 May 2004 21:41 +0000 Paul Vixie <paul@vix.com> wrote:

On the single number applications, I believe e164.org use a 'callback'
authentication system, i.e. if you can be reached on that number then you
are assumed to be the owner.

that way lies madness.

I dunno. Conversely, it would take me two minutes to photoshop my phone bill so it shows someone elses number, or for a disgruntled temp in the accounts department at Exxon to fax you their phone numbers.

They seem to have it all automated (voice synthesized voice rings you and
reads you a code) where as what you are proposing is manual. I wouldn't be
the first to knock it.

Alex