Re: progress?

At 13:12 29/08/2000 -0400, Steve Glines wrote:
>Is there any progress to report yet?

my monitor script shows that KPNQwest 100% consistently advertises the
nameserver in Brazil, and that the greatest problem in monitoring is to get
traceroute to do reverse-lookup on the aroot.psg.com host consistently
(58 = 10% "failure", 53 of which were reverse-lookup failures).

Not sure that proves *anything*, apart from the need for a better script.
Anyone else running the script?
(For testing failover, we should agree that one of the nameservers shuts
down every Monday, another every Tuesday, and so on. The logs should show
the result pretty quick.)

            Harald

--
Harald Tveit Alvestrand, alvestrand@cisco.com