Performance of aroot (several scales)

I had the group which runs our alarm management system (Netcool) add
aroot to the list of DNS servers which it checks.  The check is a
simple A record lookup.  Attached are the one hour, one day, and ten
day views of the performance from here (the ten day graph is a monthly
view, limited by the started of the testing).  The one hour view is
the only one with enough granularity to show failures--displayed as
small red dots below the main graph; you tend to see high latency,
then failure (there were four failures in this hour view).  This
display is a little confusing, but the graph creators apparently felt
it was better to do that than whack the scale of the report out
completely.  There is a different report which shows failures and
that because the SLA was disabled to avoid this test setting off
pagers.

			regards,
				Ted Hardie

GIF file, v87